Adblock Plus and (a little) more
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.2 released · 2015-03-10 21:06 by Wladimir Palant
Install Element Hiding Helper 1.3.2
This release updates the extension icon to match the new Adblock Plus logo.
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.1 released · 2015-01-13 17:40 by Wladimir Palant
Install Element Hiding Helper 1.3.1
- Made compatible with multiprocess Firefox (issue 1091).
- Fixed: Selection via mouse wheel broken (issue 227).
- Fixed: Horizontal scrollbar hides element type (issue 351).
- Fixed tree view in the assistant dialog (issue 447).
Element Hiding Helper 1.3 released · 2014-04-22 10:58 by Wladimir Palant
Install Element Hiding Helper 1.3
- Fixed: Integration with the Inspector tool broken in current Firefox versions (issue 5).
- Fixed: Filter Composer suggests empty domain name for host names with a trailing dot (forum topic).
- Fixed: Element Hiding Helper menu item isn’t added in some windows (forum topic).
- Fixed: Element Hiding Helper menu item doesn’t show up if Adblock Plus icon is placed in the Australis panel (issue 229).
- Fixed: Shortcut key on OS X is Ctrl-Shift-K rather than Cmd-Shift-K.
Element Hiding Helper integration with Inspector restored · 2014-04-15 16:26 by Wladimir Palant
When Firefox 10 introduced the Inspector tool we promptly started using it in Element Hiding Helper. Selecting elements with the Inspector tool is easier than with Element Hiding Helper and one only has to click the EHH button in the Inspector toolbar to hide it then. Unfortunately, the developer tools API wasn’t quite as stable as expected and changes to it broke the integration again. Sorry that it took us so long but starting with Element Hiding Helper 1.2.4a.458 everything should be working again. Element Hiding Helper 1.3 is currently scheduled to be released next Tuesday (April 22nd).
Element Hiding Helper 1.2.3 released · 2012-06-21 17:16 by Wladimir Palant
Install Element Hiding Helper 1.2.3
This version has been updated for upcoming Inspector changes in Firefox 14, the “Hide with ABP” button is being displayed again.
Element Hiding Helper 1.2.2 released · 2012-04-04 14:57 by Wladimir Palant
Install Element Hiding Helper 1.2.2
- Improved the way Element Hiding Helper attaches itself to browser windows (made sure that no browser windows are skipped any more).
- The hotkey in Firefox 14 is now Ctrl-Shift-F3 (neither Ctrl-Shift-K nor Ctrl-Shift-S are available any more).
- Fixed rule generation for attributes containing backslashes.
- Fixed wrong size calculation for some web pages.
- Removed special About dialog, displaying the default one now.
- Updated to changes in recent Firefox nightlies.
Element Hiding Helper 1.2.1 released · 2012-01-26 12:51 by Wladimir Palant
Install Element Hiding Helper 1.2.1
I discovered bug 721319 causing memory leaks in most of my restartless extensions. The new release works around the issue now.
Element Hiding Helper 1.2 released · 2012-01-25 14:54 by Wladimir Palant
Install Element Hiding Helper 1.2
- Can be installed/uninstalled/disabled without a browser restart now.
- Added Page Inspector integration (new feature coming up in Firefox 10).
- Stopped warning about missing Adblock Plus installation.
- Fixed: Starting from the Tools Adblock Plus menu is possible now.
- Fixed: Content Security Policy can no longer prevent preview from working on some websites.
Element Hiding Helper 1.2 release candidate available · 2012-01-21 19:26 by Wladimir Palant
Element Hiding Helper 1.2rc.382 is a release candidate for Element Hiding Helper 1.2. After the previous announcement it went through some major architectural simplifications, there shouldn’t be any visible changes however. Also, many translations have been updated already so that the Page Inspector button will be localized.
The future of Element Hiding Helper · 2012-01-19 12:08 by Wladimir Palant
The Adblock Plus roadmap currently has a bullet point “Integrate Element Hiding Helper into Adblock Plus”. After adding Page Inspector support to Element Hiding Helper today I think that I’m confident about what exactly will be integrated there.