Adblock Plus 3.15 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 10 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release introduces Adblock Plus Premium with the Premium-exclusive Distraction Control functionality. It also includes significant under-the-hood changes to make Adblock Plus compatible with Manifest v3, as well as various important bug fixes.
User interface changes
- Introduced Adblock Plus Premium (ui#981, ui#985, ui#1139, ui#1200).
- Improved on how idle state is shown in icon popup (ui#842).
- Added filter validation error message when adding too many custom filters under Manifest v3 (ewe#243).
- Made user interface compatible with Manifest v3 (ui#1070, ui#1071, ui#1079, ui#1080, ui#1086).
- Fixed: Acceptable Ads survey dialog was flickering when disabling Acceptable Ads (ui#581).
- Fixed: When navigating from an allowlisted page, the toolbar icon continued to indicate that the page is allowlisted (ui#1120).
- Fixed: Filters with
$popupoption were not shown in developer tools panel (ui#1128, ewe#234).
- Snippet changes
- Upgraded adblockpluscore to 0.9.1 (release notes: 0.8.0, 0.9.0, 0.9.1) (ewe#309, ewe#341).
- Fixed: Allowlisting filter with
$documentoption was not applied to aborted frames (ewe#230).
- Fixed: Acceptable Ads checkboxes had visual glitch in older Chromium versions (ui#1178).
- Fixed: Adblock Plus failed to initialize when using Firefox in Private Browsing mode (ui#1129, ewe#231, ewe#369).
Yandex Browser-specific changes
- Fixed: Adblock Plus failed to initialize when Yandex search page was open on browser start (ui#1160, ewe#309).
How Adblock Plus is Getting Ready for Manifest V3 · 16 days ago by Stephanie Holliday
Here’s a look at the changes that Google’s Manifest V3 will bring to Adblock Plus.
How to Choose the Best Ad Blocker for Firefox · 45 days ago by Stephanie Holliday
The best ad blocker for Firefox is easy to use, blocks ads and trackers, and lets you support a healthy web.
ABP for Samsung Internet: Best Ad Blocker for Android · 73 days ago by Stephanie Holliday
ABP for Samsung Internet is the best ad blocker for Android because it blocks annoying ads and pop-ups, blocks trackers, and allows you to support content creators you love.
Adblock Plus 3.14.2 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 96 days ago by Thomas Greiner
json-prunesnippet now exposes more details when the
debug;directive is added before its execution within the filter (e.g.
#$#debug; json-prune ...).
hide-if-contains-visible-textsnippet now accepts
-snippet-box-margin:xas an attribute, where
xshould be a number that represents the surrounding pixels margin.
- Various performance improvements.
How to Find the Best Google Chrome Ad Blocker · 101 days ago by Stephanie Holliday
If you’re looking for the best Google Chrome ad blocker, we’ve got a few tips to help you on your search.
3 Ways to Get the Most Out of Adblock Plus for Chrome · 136 days ago by Stephanie Holliday
With Adblock Plus, you can customize your browsing experience by choosing what you block and supporting the content creators you love.
Adblock Plus 3.14.1 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 152 days ago by Thomas Greiner
Upgraded abp-snippets to 0.4.1 (update notes), which includes the following changes:
- Improved support and performance for running multiple snippets on the same page.
racesnippet directive for running only some of a given list of snippets.
e.g. example.com#$#race start; snippet 1 2 3; other 4 5 6; another 7 8 9; race stop;
- Added case insensitive matching support for snippet parameters.
e.g. #$#snippet /test/ can now be #$#snippet /test/i
hide-if-contains-visible-textto ignore elements offset from user visible areas.
hide-if-contains-visible-textto support specifying an optional attribute array for CSS attributes that should be interpreted as hiding an element.
hide-if-shadow-containsdid not always use the expected target.
hide-if-graph-matchesdid not work properly on Chromium.
Benefits of a Google Chrome Ad Blocker · 164 days ago by Stephanie Holliday
If you’re a Chrome user tired of pop-ups, cookie notifications, trackers, and YouTube ads, a Google Chrome ad blocker may be the answer.
Adblock Plus 3.14 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 190 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release provides an experimental allowlisting API to some websites.
- Upgraded EWE to 0.4.1 (release notes: 0.3.0, 0.4.0, 0.4.1) (ui#1111, ui#1121), which includes the following changes:
- Enabled experimental allowlisting API for trusted partners (ui#1115).
- Fixed: Language names aren’t shown in settings page General tab (ui#976).