How to block ads on Android · 2022-03-23 14:00 by Stephanie Holliday
ABP for Samsung Internet can block ads on Android, block trackers, and help you support content creators you love.
How to use Language Filters in Adblock Plus for Chrome · 2022-02-23 18:00 by Stephanie Holliday
Are you a user that browses the web in multiple languages? Adblock Plus for Chrome blocks ads in multiple languages, saving you from even more annoying ads and pop-ups.
How to remove ads in Edge · 2022-01-19 19:22 by Stephanie Holliday
Microsoft’s new Edge browser makes it easier than ever to block pop-ups, and with an ad blocking extension like Adblock Plus, you can remove ads from Edge and browse the way you want to.
Adblock Plus 3.12 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2022-01-11 17:41 by Thomas Greiner
This release contains some general user interface improvements and introduces a feature that notifies users who frequently visit websites in other languages, if they don’t have the necessary filter list installed to block ads on those sites. It also provides them with the option to add that filter list, so that Adblock Plus can block ads specifically for websites with that language.
User interface changes
- Added language filter list recommendations (ui#9, ui#967, ui#1062).
- Added an error message that’s shown when a filter list contains disabled filters, and which allows reenabling them (ui#210).
- Made custom filter error messages more descriptive (ui#228).
- Added more topics to the icon popup footer (ui#716).
- Updated our terminology to use “allowlist”/“blocklist” instead of “whitelist”/“blacklist” (ui#827) and made various other wording adjustments (ui#183, ui#696).
- Removed NEW label from “Recommended filter lists” section (ui#915).
- Fixed: Settings page did not reflect filter state changes that occurred elsewhere (ui#866).
- Fixed: Overflowing custom filter error messages (ui#946).
- Fixed: Missing ARIA labels for settings page tabs (ui#954).
- Added abptestpages.org to list of trusted websites that are allowed to use subscribe links (ui#911).
Microsoft Edge-specific changes
- Fixed: “Rate it” button on updates page opens Chrome Web Store (ui#895).
Adblock Plus 3.11.4 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2021-11-18 20:59 by Thomas Greiner
Adblock Plus 3.11.3 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2021-11-02 14:33 by Thomas Greiner
This release adds ad blocking support for more languages and includes some snippet changes.
- Recommend Dandelion Sprout’s Nordic Filters filter list for Finnish and Swedish (core#249, core#332).
Upgraded abp-snippets to 0.3.1 (update notes), which includes the following changes:
The rise and fall of screenshot-based testing · 2021-10-18 15:20 by Kathrin Jennewein
Once upon a time, the team developing the Adblock Plus (ABP) extension decided to add automated end-to-end tests to adblockpluschrome, formerly the main ABP project. The same team had already developed test pages used by manual tests, so why not use them on the automation?
Adblock Plus 3.11.2 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2021-09-01 12:29 by Thomas Greiner
Upgraded abp-snippets to 0.2.2 (update notes), which includes the following changes:
- Fixed regression with
- Fixed a problem with source maps.
Adblock Plus 3.11.1 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2021-07-27 14:23 by Thomas Greiner
This release makes upcoming snippets more resilient against anti-ad blocking attempts (ui#966).
Adblock Browser 2.8.2 for Android released · 2021-07-27 14:00 by Pablo Garcia
- Chromium v90 under the hood
- General stability and performance improvements