Adblock Browser 2.7.0 for Android released · 2021-03-17 17:59 by Pablo Garcia
- Chromium v88 under the hood
- General stability and performance improvements, like crashes on Samsung devices running Android 8.
Adblock Browser 2.6.0 for Android released · 2021-02-12 14:32 by Pablo Garcia
- Chromium v86 under the hood
- General stability and performance improvements
- Bottom toolbar removed (originally removed by Chromium team)
- No longer supporting Android 4.x
Adblock Plus 3.10.2 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2021-01-28 18:07 by Thomas Greiner
- Expanded list of trusted websites that are allowed to use subscribe links (webext#299, webext#308, webext#311).
- Fixed: Gave first-run page enough time to load even under slow network conditions (ui#880).
Restricting the use of subscribe links to prevent circumvention · 2020-12-18 16:00 by Laura Dornheim
After it is safe to assume that (almost) all Adblock Plus users have been updated to version 3.10 now, we want to share some more details about changes we made in that latest version. Specifically the restrictions regarding the use of subscribe-links.
Adblock Plus 3.10.1 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-12-15 13:44 by Thomas Greiner
- Improved performance of
- Fixed: Made iFrame properties accessible to
- Fixed: First-run page was being replaced even though it was already visible (ui#873).
Cyber Security month 2020 - Our questions, your answers! · 2020-11-23 11:37 by Anna Fediaieva
Last month we asked our followers on social media eight questions on IT security and privacy. Here are the results of the cyber security quiz:
Adblock Plus 3.10 is live! · 2020-11-17 15:49 by Laura Dornheim
Customize what you block while we stop ads from sneaking onto your screen
As of today, November 17th 2020, we launched version 3.10 of Adblock Plus. This version brings you a make-over for the “block element” feature, support for even more languages and some improvements to avoid circumvention.
Adblock Plus 3.10 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-11-17 14:36 by Thomas Greiner
This release includes various improvements to the “Block element” feature, adds ad blocking support for more languages and restricts the ability to subscribe to filter lists to some trusted websites. It also drops support for some old browser versions, namely Chromium 59 and Firefox 51.
User interface changes
- Redesigned “Block element” dialog and added ability to preview blocked elements (ui#638, ui#761).
- Open a web-based version of the first-run page upon installation (ui#833).
- Updated design of buttons in icon popup (ui#472).
- Updated design of rating button in settings page (ui#706).
- Added donation button to settings page and first-run page (ui#769, ui#818).
- Removed Weibo link from settings page (ui#670).
- Allow Chinese users to share number of blocked items on Weibo (ui#642).
- Fixed: Cannot add new filter list by pressing Enter key (ui#548).
- Fixed: Hide counters in icon popup when for non-web pages (ui#810).
- Fixed: Hide “Block element” button in icon popup for web pages in allowlist (ui#806).
- Fixed: Settings page layout broke when displaying lengthy language names (ui#793).
- Snippet changes
- Restricted subscribe links to trusted websites (webext#87, webext#263).
- Recommend Dandelion Sprout’s Nordic Filters filter list for Nordic languages (core#233, ui#841).
- Recommend IndianList filter list for some additional languages (core#245, ui#841).
- Fixed: Preinstalled incorrect language filter list if no suitable one was found (webext#271).
- Check for data corruption upon initialization (ui#830, webext#201).
- Fixed: Don’t show notifications to user in case of data corruption (ui#829, core#247, webext#244).
- Fixed: Avoid interfering with web browsing when opening a new tab (ui#831, webext#260).
- Dropped support for Chromium 59 and below (webext#266).
This includes Chrome 59 and Opera 46.
- Fixed: Tabs opened by user were treated as popups (webext#272).
- Dropped support for Firefox 51 (webext#143).
- Fixed: Scrolling through custom filters was slow (ui#487).
- Fixed: Firefox freezes when using element hiding debug mode (core#220, webext#209).
- Fixed: Frames are not being collapsed (webext#90).
- Fixed: Cannot close “Block element” dialog (ui#791).
Where did my ABP extension go on Chrome? · 2020-10-30 20:25 by Aisha Sharipzhan
Google Chrome has changed the way your extensions show up and can be used in the toolbar. Pin the ABP extension to your Chrome toolbar with the help of our guide here.
Ad blocking on iPhone with Adblock Plus · 2020-10-12 12:26 by Aisha Sharipzhan
Here’s a step-by-step guide for how to block ads on your iPhone for free! Install the world’s number 1 ad blocker and block ads on Safari.