Adblock Plus 3.11.4 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2021-11-18 20:59 by Thomas Greiner
Adblock Plus 3.11.3 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2021-11-02 14:33 by Thomas Greiner
This release adds ad blocking support for more languages and includes some snippet changes.
- Recommend Dandelion Sprout’s Nordic Filters filter list for Finnish and Swedish (core#249, core#332).
Upgraded abp-snippets to 0.3.1 (update notes), which includes the following changes:
Adblock Plus 3.11.2 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2021-09-01 12:29 by Thomas Greiner
Upgraded abp-snippets to 0.2.2 (update notes), which includes the following changes:
- Fixed regression with
- Fixed a problem with source maps.
Adblock Plus 3.11.1 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2021-07-27 14:23 by Thomas Greiner
This release makes upcoming snippets more resilient against anti-ad blocking attempts (ui#966).
Adblock Plus 3.11 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2021-05-19 17:19 by Thomas Greiner
This release adds an easy way to block cookie warnings and push notifications. For advanced users, it also introduces the ability to block requests based on their headers as well as an option for debugging element hiding filters.
Note that the extension is no longer sending GET requests to check for updates for disabled filter lists. Instead, it is sending HEAD requests to save bandwidth while they’re not in use.
User interface changes
- Added new filter list recommendations for blocking cookie warnings and push notifications (ui#701, core#248).
- Added checkbox for enabling debug element hiding filters mode (ui#608).
- Refreshed Adblock Plus logo color (ui#819).
- Ignore private tabs when counting blocked requests (ui#851, ui#899).
- Hide issue reporter and share buttons for private tabs (ui#870, ui#886).
Upgraded adblockpluscore to 0.3.0 (release notes), which includes the following changes:
- Snippet changes
- Added support for
$headerfilter option (core#77, ui#898, webext#194).
- Update checks for disabled filter lists are now being made using HEAD requests and occur more frequently (core#290).
- Improved compatibility with Firefox Android 79+ (ui#868).
Adblock Plus 3.10.2 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2021-01-28 18:07 by Thomas Greiner
- Expanded list of trusted websites that are allowed to use subscribe links (webext#299, webext#308, webext#311).
- Fixed: Gave first-run page enough time to load even under slow network conditions (ui#880).
Adblock Plus 3.10.1 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-12-15 13:44 by Thomas Greiner
- Improved performance of
- Fixed: Made iFrame properties accessible to
- Fixed: First-run page was being replaced even though it was already visible (ui#873).
Adblock Plus 3.10 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-11-17 14:36 by Thomas Greiner
This release includes various improvements to the “Block element” feature, adds ad blocking support for more languages and restricts the ability to subscribe to filter lists to some trusted websites. It also drops support for some old browser versions, namely Chromium 59 and Firefox 51.
User interface changes
- Redesigned “Block element” dialog and added ability to preview blocked elements (ui#638, ui#761).
- Open a web-based version of the first-run page upon installation (ui#833).
- Updated design of buttons in icon popup (ui#472).
- Updated design of rating button in settings page (ui#706).
- Added donation button to settings page and first-run page (ui#769, ui#818).
- Removed Weibo link from settings page (ui#670).
- Allow Chinese users to share number of blocked items on Weibo (ui#642).
- Fixed: Cannot add new filter list by pressing Enter key (ui#548).
- Fixed: Hide counters in icon popup when for non-web pages (ui#810).
- Fixed: Hide “Block element” button in icon popup for web pages in allowlist (ui#806).
- Fixed: Settings page layout broke when displaying lengthy language names (ui#793).
- Snippet changes
- Restricted subscribe links to trusted websites (webext#87, webext#263).
- Recommend Dandelion Sprout’s Nordic Filters filter list for Nordic languages (core#233, ui#841).
- Recommend IndianList filter list for some additional languages (core#245, ui#841).
- Fixed: Preinstalled incorrect language filter list if no suitable one was found (webext#271).
- Check for data corruption upon initialization (ui#830, webext#201).
- Fixed: Don’t show notifications to user in case of data corruption (ui#829, core#247, webext#244).
- Fixed: Avoid interfering with web browsing when opening a new tab (ui#831, webext#260).
- Dropped support for Chromium 59 and below (webext#266).
This includes Chrome 59 and Opera 46.
- Fixed: Tabs opened by user were treated as popups (webext#272).
- Dropped support for Firefox 51 (webext#143).
- Fixed: Scrolling through custom filters was slow (ui#487).
- Fixed: Firefox freezes when using element hiding debug mode (core#220, webext#209).
- Fixed: Frames are not being collapsed (webext#90).
- Fixed: Cannot close “Block element” dialog (ui#791).
Adblock Plus 3.9.5 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-09-09 12:20 by Thomas Greiner
hide-if-matches-xpathsnippet to be able to hide more elements (core#240).
- Fixed: Error message shown in browser’s developer tools when using Block element feature (webext#230).
- Fixed: Link-based popup blocking stopped working in Firefox 79 (webext#237).
Goodbye development builds · 2020-09-03 00:10 by Sebastian Noack
We are no longer providing signed and updated development builds for Adblock Plus. But if you want to try out the latest features you can use the unsigned builds from GitLab CI, they won’t automatically update and might get disabled as you restart your browser though.