Adblock Browser 2.0.0 for iOS released · 2017-09-19 14:28 by Mario König
- Introduced a completely new user interface and an improved user experience. (Issue 4706, Issue 4707, Issue 4736, Issue 4737, Issue 4738, Issue 4739, Issue 4741, Issue 4742, Issue 4743, Issue 4745, Issue 4745, Issue 5122)
- Introduced Ghost Mode for private browsing. (Issue 4744)
- Fixed minor bugs and introduced stability improvements. (Issue 5485, Issue 5486, Issue 5494, Issue 5532)
Release the Kraken! Adblock Browser 2.0 for iOS emerges from the deep · 2017-09-19 14:00 by Aaron Thornburgh
We’ve been busy building the next release of Adblock Browser for iOS devices. Today, Adblock Browser 2.0 is live in the App Store. Learn about all the new features and why they matter. Or, just visit adblockbrowser.org to download it now.
Adblock Browser 1.2.0 for Android released · 2017-08-17 09:42 by Diego Lima
- Improved app look and feel and UX (Issues 2512, 2513, 2606, 3199, 3769, 5005, 5469 and 5470).
- Updated ABP extension and improved integration with the app (Issues 2853, 3070, 3247 and 4278).
- Improved translations (Issue 5451).
- Fixed an issue that would cause the virtual keyboard to not show up (Issue 3831).
- Several fixes that improves performance and stability (Issues 3668, 3820, 4889 and 5423).
Adblock Browser 1.5.3 for iOS released · 2017-07-04 11:05 by Mario König
- Fixed a bug that caused ad blocking to stop working temporarily when visiting resource-heavy websites. (Issue 5227)
- Fixed a bug that caused Adblock Browser to crash under specific circumstances. (Issue 5213)
Adblock Browser 1.5.2 for iOS released · 2017-05-02 10:47 by Mario König
- Updated the version of Adblock Plus for Chrome/Opera/Safari bundled with Adblock Browser to 1.12.4 (Issue 4554)
- Introduced opt-in error reporting in order to improve stability (Issue 4672, Issue 4766)
- Fixed popup issue on imgur.com (Issue 4164)
- Fixed multiple issues which could potentially lead to crashes (Issue 4874, Issue 4908, Issue 4516)
- Fixed multiple minor bugs (Issue 4904, Issue 5152, Issue 4703, Issue 4886, Issue 5029, Issue 5115, Issue 4480, Issue 5065)
- Minor UI and usability improvements (Issue 4881, Issue 3653)
Why you will always have a choice to switch off Acceptable Ads, and why you shouldn’t - an opinion piece · 2016-12-14 14:46 by Peter van Dijk
The advertising business in general has gone down the wrong rabbit hole. It’s all about getting clicks. To find out why the Acceptable Ads initiative is the most sensible choice despite all of this, read more in this personal opinion piece.
Adblock Browser 1.5.1 for iOS released · 2016-10-10 12:15 by Mario König
- Updated the core of Adblock Browser to Adblock Plus for Chrome/Opera/Safari 1.12.2 (Issue 4334)
- Fixed a bug which caused Adblock Browser to crash under specific circumstances on iOS 10 (Issue 4435)
- Fixed multiple bugs which caused occasional crashes (Issue 4436, Issue 4438, Issue 4440, Issue 4446)
- Added support for reCAPTCHA (Issue 4414)
Adblock Browser 1.5.0 for iOS released · 2016-09-12 14:45 by Mario König
- Fixed multiple issues which caused instability or crashes (Issue 4216, Issue 4219, Issue 4220, Issue 4222, Issue 4238)
- Added autocompletion of URLs in the URL bar (Issue 4032)
- Added autocompletion of search terms in the URL bar (Issue 4033)
- Updated Adblock Plus to the most recent version (Issue 4095)
Adblock Browser 1.4.0 for iOS released · 2016-06-29 11:05 by Mario König
- Added “in page” search functionality via URL bar (Issue 3929)
- Added the ability to open websites in Adblock Browser from Safari using Safari App Extensions (Issue 3901)
- Added the possibility to show the settings bar by tapping the bottom of the screen as well as the possibility to scroll to the top of the page by tapping the status bar (Issue 3859, Issue 3932)
- Deferred the location permission dialog to when websites actually request the user’s location (Issue 3898)
- Implemented multiple minor user experience improvements (Issue 3812, Issue 4003, Issue 4016)
- Fixed multiple bugs which caused ABB to crash under specific circumstances (Issue 3534, Issue 3925, Issue 4002, Issue 4074, Issue 4166)
- Fixed multiple additional minor bugs (Issue 3897, Issue 4035, Issue 4064)
Adblock Browser 1.3.2 for iOS released · 2016-05-12 09:02 by Mario König
- Fixed a bug which caused multiple UI elements to be unresponsive after a version update (Issue 3811)
- Fixed a bug which caused Adblock Browser to render websites incorrectly under specific circumstances (Issue 3954)
- Fixed a bug which caused Adblock Browser to lose history data and bookmarks during a version update (Issue 3983)