How to Block Pop-Ups with a Firefox Ad Blocker · 2022-12-21 17:00 by Adblock Plus
Firefox users know that the internet is a distracting place. There are annoying pop-ups and ads, trackers that collect your personal information to show you ads, and constant notifications that ask you to agree to a site’s cookies (so that you can be tracked and shown even more ads). Thankfully, there are solutions. You can block pop-ups with Firefox’s built-in browser feature. And you can block even more pop-ups, ad, and other distractions with a Firefox ad blocker like Adblock Plus.
Block Pop-ups in FirefoxTo block pop-ups in Firefox:
- Open Firefox and click on the hamburger menu (the icon showing three lines stacked on top of each other) in the upper right corner.
- Navigate to Settings > Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to Block pop-up windows and tick the box to on, turning it blue.
Block More Ads with Adblock Plus
Using Firefox’s built-in pop-up blocker feature won’t block all the distractions you’ll encounter on the web. If you’re serious about removing ads, you may want to use a pop-up blocker like Adblock Plus for Firefox.To start blocking pop-ups with Adblock Plus:
- Install Adblock Plus by visiting adblockplus.org from your Firefox browser.
- That’s it! Adblock Plus immediately begins blocking annoying ads and pop-ups the moment you install it.
Not to mention, Adblock Plus for Firefox can block YouTube ads, block social media tracking, and hide cookie notifications.
Using a Firefox ad blocker is a great way to lessen the annoying distractions found on the web. With Adblock Plus for Firefox, you can block annoying ads and pop-ups, block YouTube ads, block trackers, and hide cookie notifications.
Commenting is closed for this article.