Adblock Plus and (a little) more
Adblock Plus 3.2 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-07-17 21:16 by Sebastian Noack
Install Adblock Plus 3.2 for Chrome
Install Adblock Plus 3.2 for Firefox
Install Adblock Plus 3.2 for Opera
This release features the new $rewrite filter option which enables filter list authors to prevent (mostly pre-roll video) ads that couldn’t be blocked before from showing on some websites, as well as improvements to the issue reporter, and a couple other improvements and bug fixes.
- Added the
$rewritefilter option (issue 6592 and issue 6622).
- Blocked elements are now hidden through a style sheet if possible rather than by overriding their
styleattribute (issue 6645).
- Stopped converting domains reported by the browser to Unicode, expecting domains in filters being given in Punycode (issue 6647).
- Fixed: Requests were matched in the wrong context when navigating to a document served by a Service Worker (issue 6595).
- Fixed a regression introduced with the previous release that caused the number in the icon badge to show even if that feature was disabled (issue 6679).
- Added information about filter hits and related requests to issue reports (issue 6386).
- Removed the title field when adding a subscription by URL (issue 6532).
- Formatted dates on the options page based on the current locale (issue 6661).
- Fixed blocking of WebRTC connections and the related error shown in the console on Chrome 67 (respectively Opera 54) and above (issue 6744).
Commenting is closed for this article.
John Lopez · 2018-08-23 12:53 · #
I recently installed Chrome along with ABP. I’ve been using ABP in IE for years with no problems. I did have to play with the new settings in order to view Directv Now. I kept AB warning removal list and Fanboys social blocking list on but had to turn off Easy list in order to stream Directv Now.
The updates seem to work great.