Adblock Plus 3.15 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2022-11-23 16:51 by Thomas Greiner
This release introduces Adblock Plus Premium with the Premium-exclusive Distraction Control functionality. It also includes significant under-the-hood changes to make Adblock Plus compatible with Manifest v3, as well as various important bug fixes.
User interface changes
- Introduced Adblock Plus Premium (ui#981, ui#985, ui#1139, ui#1200).
- Improved on how idle state is shown in icon popup (ui#842).
- Added filter validation error message when adding too many custom filters under Manifest v3 (ewe#243).
- Made user interface compatible with Manifest v3 (ui#1070, ui#1071, ui#1079, ui#1080, ui#1086).
- Fixed: Acceptable Ads survey dialog was flickering when disabling Acceptable Ads (ui#581).
- Fixed: When navigating from an allowlisted page, the toolbar icon continued to indicate that the page is allowlisted (ui#1120).
- Fixed: Filters with
$popupoption were not shown in developer tools panel (ui#1128, ewe#234).
- Snippet changes
- Upgraded adblockpluscore to 0.9.1 (release notes: 0.8.0, 0.9.0, 0.9.1) (ewe#309, ewe#341).
- Fixed: Allowlisting filter with
$documentoption was not applied to aborted frames (ewe#230).
- Fixed: Acceptable Ads checkboxes had visual glitch in older Chromium versions (ui#1178).
- Fixed: Adblock Plus failed to initialize when using Firefox in Private Browsing mode (ui#1129, ewe#231, ewe#369).
Yandex Browser-specific changes
- Fixed: Adblock Plus failed to initialize when Yandex search page was open on browser start (ui#1160, ewe#309).
Commenting is closed for this article.