Adblock Plus and (a little) more
Adblock Plus 3.15 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2022-11-23 16:51 by Thomas Greiner
Install Adblock Plus 3.15 for Chrome
Install Adblock Plus 3.15 for Firefox
Install Adblock Plus 3.15 for Microsoft Edge
Install Adblock Plus 3.15 for Opera
This release introduces Adblock Plus Premium with the Premium-exclusive Distraction Control functionality. It also includes significant under-the-hood changes to make Adblock Plus compatible with Manifest v3, as well as various important bug fixes.
User interface changes
- Introduced Adblock Plus Premium (ui#981, ui#985, ui#1139, ui#1200).
- Improved on how idle state is shown in icon popup (ui#842).
- Added filter validation error message when adding too many custom filters under Manifest v3 (ewe#243).
- Made user interface compatible with Manifest v3 (ui#1070, ui#1071, ui#1079, ui#1080, ui#1086).
- Fixed: Acceptable Ads survey dialog was flickering when disabling Acceptable Ads (ui#581).
- Fixed: When navigating from an allowlisted page, the toolbar icon continued to indicate that the page is allowlisted (ui#1120).
- Fixed: Filters with
$popupoption were not shown in developer tools panel (ui#1128, ewe#234).
Upgraded EWE to 0.6.1 (release notes: 0.5.0, 0.6.0, 0.6.1) (ui#1176, ui#1195, ui#1257), which includes the following changes:
- Snippet changes
- Upgraded @eyeo/snippets to 0.5.3 (release notes) (ui#1195).
- Made snippets compatible with Manifest v3 (ewe#143).
- Upgraded adblockpluscore to 0.9.1 (release notes: 0.8.0, 0.9.0, 0.9.1) (ewe#309, ewe#341).
- Fixed: Allowlisting filter with
$documentoption was not applied to aborted frames (ewe#230).
- Fixed: Acceptable Ads checkboxes had visual glitch in older Chromium versions (ui#1178).
- Fixed: Adblock Plus failed to initialize when using Firefox in Private Browsing mode (ui#1129, ewe#231, ewe#369).
Yandex Browser-specific changes
- Fixed: Adblock Plus failed to initialize when Yandex search page was open on browser start (ui#1160, ewe#309).
Commenting is closed for this article.
Premium? · 2022-11-28 16:37 · #
Putting blocking some items behind a paywall? Everybody else long moved to uBlock Origin. Guess it is time for me to play catch up.
Reply from Thomas Greiner:
This update contains no changes to any existing functionality. You can still use Adblock Plus the same way as before, and you can continue to block any elements that you want to block.
Premium is meant to offer new features that add additional value for those users who want it, and that may require more time and effort to maintain than others. It’s also a way to directly support the continued development of the extension for all users, so we are determined to continue to fix bugs and to add new features for everyone with future updates.